Andrew L. Paternostro
Andrew Paternostro joined Stewart Bell, PLLC on June 1, 2006, coming to the firm from Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC.
Mr. Paternostro began his legal career at Steptoe & Johnson in 1990 after graduating from law school, then moved to Rose & Atkinson in 1993, where he became partner in 1995 and remained until 2000. At that point, he returned to Steptoe & Johnson on an Of Counsel basis, becoming a partner in 2001.
Mr. Paternostro has extensive trial experience, successfully trying over 30 cases in both federal and state courts. His practice over the years has involved, and continues to involve, insurance, governmental and corporate defense in civil rights, medical malpractice, contractual and personal injury matters, as well as plaintiff’s personal injury and consumer cases, and at Stewart Bell, PLLC he also works extensively in the firm’s nursing home practice.
In addition to civil litigation trial work, Mr. Paternostro has also argued on the appellate level before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and the United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Paternostro is admitted to practice in West Virginia, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, and the U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- West Virginia, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1999
Education History – Andrew Paternostro
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence (Cum Laude) – 1990
- Law Journal: Journal of Law and Commerce, Member
- Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio
- A.B. – 1987
- Major: English Literature
Past Employment Positions
- Steptoe & Johnson Law Firm, Charleston, West Virginia, Partner, 2001 – 2006
- Steptoe & Johnson Law Firm, Charleston, West Virginia, Of Counsel, 2000 – 2001
- Steptoe & Johnson Law Firm, Charleston, West Virginia, Associate, 1990 – 1993
- Rose & Atkinson Law Firm, Charleston, West Virginia, Partner, 1995 – 2000
- Rose & Atkinson Law Firm, Charleston, West Virginia, Associate, 1993 – 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- West Virginia State Bar Association, Member
- Kanawha County Bar Association, Member