Charleston Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone that you love has been hurt in a Charleston car crash that was caused by another driver, it's important to know your legal options. In many instances, there are time limits to when you can file a compensation claim.
To learn more about your options, contact the Charleston auto accident lawyers at The Bell Law Firm today by calling 304-345-1700. There are no upfront costs and your initial consultation is free of charge.
Our lawyers have been helping injured West Virginians for more than 30 years and work quickly to obtain the just you deserve.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
The actions you take following a motor vehicle accident can greatly improve - or hinder - your chances of a successful outcome. Some points to keep in mind are:
- Seek immediate medical attention: Not only is this important for personal health reasons, your doctor’s medical report can serve as valuable evidence in your personal injury claim.
- Take pictures and gather insurance information: If you can, take pictures of the accident scene and write down the other driver’s insurance information. Photos can prove crucial in determining the cause and extent of the accident.
- Report observations about the other driver to the police: Were you hit by a distracted driver? Was the other car swerving? Was the other driver using a cell phone? Any observations you can report to the police may help you in obtaining a successful outcome.
- Talk to an attorney: Too many people make the mistake of accepting the settlement offer from an insurance company. This offer may be far less than what you deserve. A lawyer can help maximize the compensation you receive.
Common Causes of Serious Accidents
With more distractions than ever in our cars, drivers are now dividing their attention between the roads and their smart phones, stereos, or other electronic devices. Because of the limitless number of negligent behaviors that can occur, the list of reasons that an auto accident takes place can be endless. There are, however, some recurring patterns of driving behaviors that have been listed as common contributing factors to a crash.
Some of the most typical reasons that auto accidents occur include:
- Disobeying traffic signals, or running stop signs or lights
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
... and many more.
Immediately following a crash, those involved should call 911 and report the situation, then wait for officers to arrive on scene. Depending on the severity of the crash, it may be important to get the at-fault driver’s insurance information at this point, or, if the crash is very bad, the most important thing is to get help for all the drivers involved.
An experienced auto accident litigator can help guide you and your loved one through the process of bringing the negligent driver to justice, and will help take some of the burden off of your shoulders.
Contact Our Charleston Auto Accident Lawyers Today
Before accepting an offer from an insurance company to settle your case, discuss your legal options with an experienced personal injury attorney who can explain your rights and protect your interests.
Depending on the nature of your injuries, a number of financial factors should be considered - will you work again? What kind of future medical treatment is needed? Are your children provided for? How has your quality of life been impacted?
The legal team at The Bell Law Firm, PLLC believes that a clear, technically sound, and intelligent case is the strongest one, and we will work to help you win the MAXIMUM amount of compensation associated with your auto accident.
Our experienced and compassionate group of litigators can bring you peace of mind at a time and have represented clients in multiple car crashes on I-64, I-77, I-79 and Route 119, and throughout the Kanawha Valley.
For more information and a free review of you claim, call us today at 304-345-1700.